PERU FAMILY EXPERIENCE - 9 DAYS, LIMA TO LIMA - AUGUST 2019Every traveller should visit Peru at some point. Introduce your kids to it early through this comprehensive trip that bundles the Amazon, Machu Picchu, Cusco, and more into nine life-changing days. You’ll spend two nights at the exclusive G Lodge Amazon learning about the wildlife from naturalists before exploring the Urubamba Valley, gazing awestruck at Machu Picchu and interacting with the locals in Cusco and Lima. Peru will stick with your children long after they’ve stopped being kids.
Is this tour for me
Travel Style: Family
Trips built for adventurers of all ages
Just because you’ve settled down and had kids doesn’t mean your adventuring days are through. Family trips explore exciting locales — Tanzania, Thailand, the Galápagos, Europe and more — with age-appropriate activities and hotels that know how to cater to families on the move.
Service Level: Upgraded
Quality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
Physical Rating: 3 – Average
Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
Trip Type: Small Group
Small group experience; Min 8 – Max 20, Avg. 12
Age requirement: 6+
All travellers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Family adventures are designed for groups travelling with children between the ages of 6 and 17. Your group must have a child in order to book a Family tour, and anyone under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The itinerary has been designed with the needs of the whole family in mind.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Day 1 of this trip is on 02AUG in Lima (free day to explore the city or take part in one of the many optional excursions). Tuxedo Travel strongly recommends, to depart Canada on 01AUG in the evening as the majority of the International flights from North America arrive in the early hours of the morning the next day, between 1230AM and 3 AM.
As a result, you will require hotel accommodations for the night of 01AUG, for which, if your flights are booked via G Adventures (which Tuxedo Travel will coordinate for you) they will provide a complimentary hotel stay for the night of the 01AUG so you can go right into your room on arrival and get some sleep. If your International flights are booked on your own, accommodations will be at your own cost, for which we can assist you with.
Should you decide to depart Canada on 02AUG and arrive on Day 2 (03AUG) of the itinerary in the early hours of the morning, accommodations will be at your own cost for the night of 02AUG. Please note the flight on Day 2 to Puerto Maldonaldo (included) leaves in the AM to maximize time in the Amazon Jungle.
1. Travelling with Children at Altitude.
When at altitude, children are no more susceptible to Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) than adults. However, it is harder to notice the affects of AMS in children as it can be harder for them to communicate the symptoms. Some of the symptoms of AMS are similar to those of jet-lag, or a change in food. Make sure to keep an eye on your children’s behaviour while at altitude, and ensure that they continue to drink plenty of water, and take it easy for the first couple of days you are at a high altitude.
2. All travellers are required to pay the tax on domestic flights in Peru. Foreign travellers are exempt from this, and proving you are indeed a foreign traveller can be done by providing us with your international ticket number (ITN). Travellers who do not submit international ticket numbers, at least 30 days prior to Day 1 of their tour will be required to pay the domestic tax on all included flights.
$2,199 per person
Built for families
Travelling with the family is an adventure unlike any other, in all sorts of ways. Kids often have wildly different needs than adults, which is why we don’t just adapt our grown-up itineraries for smaller travellers. Little things like age-appropriate activities, hotels with amenities designed for families on the go, and CEOs that think like kids and adults alike are just a few of the things that set our Family trips apart. We believe that everyone deserves to have the time of their lives, no matter how old they are.
Itinerary (for a more in-depth itinerary review please click here)
$1,979 per person
Terms & Conditions
- Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of CAD 250 per person is required to secure your spot on this trip. Final payment is due to Tuxedo Travel by no later than 03 JUN, 2019. Lifetime Deposits offer any of our passengers forced to delay a departure to now retain their initial deposit for use at a later date at no extra charge—and with no questions asked. The Lifetime Deposit policy allows you to save your initial deposit (one per person, per confirmed tour) for an unlimited time, be it 10 weeks or 10 years. Put simply, we want to do the right thing by our travellers and ensure you can still take another trip if your plans have to change. We also realize that your travel preferences can change over time, so your Lifetime Deposit can be used on any future tour and is not limited to the destination on your original booking. Use your Lifetime Deposit to select the dream trip that suits your interests when you plan your next adventure—maybe you’ll choose to sail the Galapagos Islands, trek overland in Africa, or cruise around Antarctica—no matter the preferred trip, we have an adventure for everyone! Under the new policy, Lifetime Deposits are also transferable. That means you can transfer your initial deposit to another traveller of your choice at no additional charge—is there any better way to give the gift of adventure? For more information on Lifetime Deposits, please click here.
- Minimum/Maximums – There is a minimum number of 8 passengers required on this trip up to a maximum of 20. Please do not confirm any International flights until the group minimum has been met. TuxedoTravel will be happy to inform you of the numbers the tour is at upon inquiry. Once 8 seats are deposited/booked the tour is considered a “Go”.
- To secure your reservation with the above deposit amount, each person is required to submit the following information/document(s) to Tuxedo Travel;
- Full Name as it appears on each traveller’s valid passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Passport Expiry Date
- Billing address for the credit card being used for the deposit
- Valid credit card number, expiry and security code
- Specific room requests – Bedding, location, adjoining/connecting cannot be guaranteed. The absence of confirmation of whether a special request can be granted cannot be constructed as acceptance by G Adventures.
- A $50 CAD fee will be charged to change a processed credit card on file.
- Travel Insurance – It is mandatory for all travellers on this departure to have Emergency Medical Insurance for each member of your party, that covers for both emergency evacuation and repatriation to the sum of $200,00 USD. We also strongly recommend purchasing an All-Inclusive/Premium Protect Plan that covers cancellation/interruption insurance as well. Tuxedo Travel deals with Manulife Travel insurance and is happy to provide a quote at the time of your deposit.
- Baggage Allowance – Please consult with your carrier regarding the allowance. Additional fees can be charged at the Airline counter for any baggage exceeding the free allowance on the Charter flights. Excess baggage could include such items as sporting equipment, wedding dresses, musical instruments, projectors or any other equipment needed for your group. It is your responsibility to advise your group sales agent concerning the needs of your client.
- Connector Flights – All Connecting flight reservations are made at the risk of the consumers who hereby agree to assume the cost of any loss in the event of a change to the original flight schedules. Any changes or cancellations are subject to penalties as per the carrier’s terms and conditions and may supersede Transat terms and conditions. Transat cannot be held liable for damages or additional fees incurred by the consumer due to a missed flight connection.
- Flights and Carriers – Flights which are part of the Transat packages, are conducted in accordance with the conditions governing Advance Booking Charter (ABC) and Inclusive Tour Charter (ITC) flights and are pursuant to regulations set out by the Canadian Transportation Agency. All such flights and rates are subject to approval by the relevant government authorities. Regulations governing charter flights differ from scheduled flights. Changes and consolidations in the published schedule, type of aircraft, day/ time of operation, flight itinerary and the carrier providing transportation services can occur without prior notice. Passengers must reconfirm their flights 24-48 hours prior to departure with the respective carrier.
- Final Documents or “E-documents” are released approximately 45 days prior to departure provided the file is paid in full and all names and dates of birth have been added to the file.
- It is the sole responsibility of the passengers, and Tuxedo Travel, to ensure that valid and proper documentation is obtained.
- Solo Travellers – We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip.
- My Own Room (single supplement) – Only 2 single occupancy rooms (for the duration of the trip) are permitted on this trip at this time. Should a 3rdbe required, it will be on a request basis only.
- Pre/Post Accommodations – Should you require any additional nights either before or after the trip, G Adventures does offer preferred rates at their hotels. Rates are $ 110 CAD per night based on single/double occupancy.